- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
First Nations Information Governance Centre (FNIGC)
The First Nations Information Governance Centre serves as the permanent home of the First Nations Regional Longitudinal Health Survey (RHS). It will build upon that successful process to provide an abundance of information, research, training, data collection, analysis and dissemination services to First Nations at the community, regional and national levels. In addition, the Centre will not only be centrally located in Ottawa, it will also support the development of regional centre’s that will serve the strategic First Nations information and research needs as determined by each of the participating regions.
The First Nations Information Governance Centre, under the guidance of its member organizations; will build capacity and provide credible and relevant information on First Nations using the highest standards of data research practices, while respecting the rights of First Nations self-determination for research and information management and in true compliance with the First Nations principles of Ownership, Control, Access and Possession (OCAP).
Key Objectives of the Centre
- Be the permanent home of the RHS,
- Be the premier source of First Nations Information,
- Be devoted to First Nations,
- Make the most of research and information that will truly benefit the health and well-being of First Nations,
- Strive to partner with entities that seek to achieve success in working with First Nations, through the use of credible information and processes that respect First Nations jurisdiction to own, protect, and control how their information is collected, used and disclosed,
- Promote and advance the First Nations Principles of OCAP,
- Assist in building First Nations capacity in research, information technologies, health surveillance and data analysis, and
- Measure improvements to First Nations health and well-being through the RHS and specialized surveys.
This partner currently has no press releases.
This partner currently has no jobs.
This partner currently has no events.
This partner currently has no tenders.