This Request for Proposal is strictly limited to Aboriginal Businesses.
This Request for Proposal is issued by Canada as part of its response to the COVID-19.
This Request for Proposal is not part of Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Business (PSAB) and is not meant to change the government’s eligibility criteria under PSAB for future procurement.
For this procurement, in terms of eligibility, an Aboriginal Business would have to be:
– A business could be a sole proprietorship, a limited company, a partnership, a not-for-profit organization or a joint venture; and,
– The business would need to be wholly-owned or majority owned (minimum 51%) and controlled by an individual of Aboriginal heritage, an Aboriginal community or Aboriginal Development Corporation.
An Aboriginal person is an Indian, Metis or Inuit who is ordinarily resident in Canada.
Evidence of being an Aboriginal person will consist of such proof as:
– Indian registration in Canada
– membership in an affiliate of the Metis National Council or the Congress of Aboriginal Peoples, or other recognized Aboriginal organizations in Canada
– acceptance as an Aboriginal person by an established Aboriginal community in Canada
– enrolment or entitlement to be enrolled pursuant to a comprehensive land claim agreement, or membership or entitlement to membership in a group with an accepted comprehensive claim Evidence of being resident in Canada includes a provincial or territorial driver’s licence, a lease or other appropriate document.
Evidence of ownership and control of an Aboriginal business or joint venture may include incorporation documents, shareholders’ or members’ register; partnership agreements; joint venture agreements; business name registration; banking arrangements; governance documents; minutes of meetings of Board of Directors and Management Committees; or other legal documents.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO BIDDERS
This Request for proposal will be conducted using Public Services and Procurement Canada’s new online procurement tool.
Please note that you will need to create a free account for the SAP Ariba Network in order to view or bid on this opportunity.
If you do not have an SAP Ariba account, register here.
If you already have an SAP Ariba account, login here.
Once you have registered or logged in you will be asked to complete the Supplier Profile Questionnaire for the Government of Canada.
After registration, please use the following link to respond. Click “Respond to Posting” and login. You will then have access to view the RFP.
For more information on how to register, including the key information you will need and step-by-step guides, visit the CanadaBuys Getting Started page.
PSPC has a requirement for the manufacture of cloth face coverings for workers, to cover the nose and mouth area.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, workers may be required to take additional precautions in support of their duties and/or operations to protect them, and members of the public, from inadvertent exposure to this virus. These face coverings are not intended to be used by health care workers in contact with patients or for medical or surgical use.
Firm quantity of 250,000 with 50K shipment within 30 days of contract award
Options quantity of 2,000,000
Canada reserves the right to award multiple contracts.