P3 2016 Aboriginal related panels and interview possibilities
November 14, 2016
1C – We the North: Fostering P3s in Canada’s Remote and Aboriginal Communities
Building in Canada’s North can create a myriad of challenges from construction risk, unpredictable climate, training issues, and different governance models. The panel will discuss the challenges of executing P3s in the North in a variety of sectors, drawing on the knowledge from projects underway and the leaders who want to get them done.
Moderator: Michael F. Ledgett, Co-Chair National Infrastructure/PPP Practice Group, Dentons Canada LLP
- Chief David Crate, Fisher River Cree Nation
- Stephen Lindley, Vice President, Aboriginal & Northern Affairs, SNC-Lavalin
- Darrell Beaulieu, CEO, Denendeh Investments Incorporated
2B – Turning on the P3 Taps in the Water/Wastewater Sector
Tougher regulations and aging infrastructure has prompted municipalities and First Nations to look for new and innovative ways to procure and deliver water and wastewater systems. This session will discuss early success stories in Canada’s water/wastewater P3 sector, international project expertise, and barriers to adopting the best technology to overcome an estimated $80 billion water infrastructure gap and deliver superior value for money.
Moderator: Stuart Lee, President & CEO, EPCOR Utilities Inc.
- José Diaz-Caneja, Director General, ACCIONA Agua
- Jean-François Tremblay, Deputy Minister, Infrastructure and Communities, Government of Canada
- Mark Rupke, Vice President, Municipal & Commercial Operations, Veolia North America
2C – The Next Big Things in Infrastructure Financing
The financial sector is experiencing one of its biggest shakeups in recent history, with new players and investment vehicles challenging traditional approaches. There is also a strong appetite for stable infrastructure investments. This panel will look at the new models and potential opportunities, such as aboriginal communities, for infrastructure investors to park their capital.
Moderator: Victoria Turnbull, Managing Director and Co-Head, Infrastructure Finance Canada, RBC Capital Markets
- JP Gladu, President and CEO, Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- Mansi Patel, Director, Private Capital Investors Group, Metlife Investments
- Other speakers to be confirmed