- Ontario NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
IRC: On the Land Support for Summer
(June 17, 2021)- Inuvialuit Regional Corporation (IRC) is offering on the land support to beneficiary households within the Inuvialuit Settlement Region who will be spending time at their camps this summer.
“IRC recognizes an important enhancement to wellness that comes with spending extended time engaged in activities and practicing traditional skills out at your camps along with your families. With the 5th round of on the land support we are able to offer during this global pandemic, IRC is pleased to fund supplies and fuel at community businesses to assist with your summer travel,” said IRC Chair and CEO Duane Ningaqsiq Smith.
On the Land support is now open for new household applications. Support funds will be going automatically to those households who successfully utilized IRC’s On the Land program during Spring 2021.
IRC would like to ensure your household knows the details of the financial support so you can start your planning for Summer trips along with your families:
- If your household used IRC On the Land funding to receive grocery and fuel vouchers in April or May, 2021, you do not need to fill out a new form.
- Funds will be released and vouchers ready starting June 28 at the grocery store and gas/fuel station identified on your Spring 2021 household application form. Successful applicants will be able to spend these vouchers until August 15, 2021 for on the land supplies and for gas.
- Forms for each new applicant OTL household can be found at IRC’s website inuvialuit.com
- Send the new applications by email to [email protected]
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation appreciates the partnership with local retail stores for their contribution in assisting beneficiary households stock up for summertime on the land.
IRC would like to wish all of those travelling on the land a safe and productive harvesting season. Please make sure new applicant households provide an emergency contact who is aware of your travel plans as part of submitting a complete form to IRC’s On the Land support program.
The contact information for completed forms and for any questions beneficiaries may have:
On the Land Support
Email: [email protected]
Or call IRC: 867 777-7000
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.