Gwich’in Tribal Council: Water Quality Monitoring & Training Opportunity
Would you like to identify special waterbodies for monitoring in your area?
Would you like to learn how to monitor and assess water quality?
The GTC and the Wilfrid Laurier University have teamed up for a project to study water quality in the GSA.
This involves training and work opportunities for Participants interested in collecting water quality data in the field, then interpreting the laboratory results.
This Year 2021 the objectives are to:
- ask you which waterbodies you feel are most important to monitor
- ask you what the most important things to study in the water are
- identify Participants who are interested in becoming Water Researchers
Next Year 2022 the objectives are to:
- train new Water Researchers in your community to do water quality monitoring
- assist the Water Researchers to collect the data in the field
- train the Water Researchers to analyze and interpret the lab data
The goal is to train Participants to keep collecting water quality data in the GSA to learn how waterbodies are changing over time.
Inuvik – Monday Sept. 27 | 2:00 – 5:00 pm | Nihtat Boardroom Tsiigehchic – Tuesday Sept. 28 | 9:00 am – 12:00 noon | GSCI Building
Fort McPherson – Tuesday Sept. 28 | 2:00 – 5:00 pm | Hamlet Council Chambers Aklavik – Wednesday Sept. 29 | 1:00 – 4:00 pm | Hamlet Council Chambers