- Ontario NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
Dene Nation Annual General Assembly and Open Call for Nominations for Dene National Chief/AFN Regional Chief
July 16, 2021, Denendeh, NWT – The Dene National Assembly September 14-16, 2021, and NOTICE OF ELECTION for Dene National Chief/Assembly of First Nations Regional Chief NWT, on Wednesday, September 15th, 2021, at the 2021 Dene National Assembly at Liidlii Kue First Nation (Fort Simpson, NT)
The Dene Nation extends the NOTICE OF ELECTION
Election of the Dene National Chief/AFN Regional Chief NWT will take place at the Dene National Assembly to be held in Fort Simpson, NWT. Voting will take place at the Assembly site on Wednesday, September 15th, 2021.
Alan Cash of Yellowknife is the Returning Officer for this election.
Eligibility to Run for Election
Any descendant of the Dene, who is a resident of the Northwest Territories, and whose name is on the registry of descendants of the Dene, may seek election as Dene National Chief/Assembly of First Nations Regional Chief NWT. Nomination forms are available from band offices or the Dene Nation office
Nomination Period – Nominations Open -July 21st, 2021, 9:00 am. Nominations Close -August 11th, 2021, 5:00 pm (nominations must be received by the Returning Officer by 5:00 pm)
- Nominations must be made on the approved nomination form.
- A candidate must be nominated by at least five (5) active members of Dene Nation, Denendeh.
- Two (2) of the nominators must be current Chiefs of Dene Nation, Denendeh.
- Nominators must sign or make their mark on the official nomination form.
- Nomination papers must include a current address and telephone number for the candidate and all nominators.
- Candidates are required to provide a headshot photograph for printing on the election ballot.
SEND COMPLETED NOMINATION FORMS TO Alan Cash, Returning Officer by:
Email: [email protected], Fax: (867) 920-2254
QUESTIONS: Please direct any questions regarding the election to Alan Cash at the email or fax noted above, or by telephone at (867) 445-5006.
For More Information: Leanne Goose, [email protected]
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.