Minister of Industry, Tourism and Investment Wally Schumann today congratulates the winners of the Yellowknife Chamber of Commerce Business Awards Gala:
- Cabin Radio – Breakout New Business Award, sponsored by the Northwest Territories Business Development Investment Corporation.
- Kavanaugh Bros. Ltd – Small Business of the Year Award, sponsored by Camco Construction –
- Lawson Lundell LLP – Corporate Business of the Year Award, sponsored by BDC
- Bouwa Whee Catering – Aboriginal Entrepreneurship Award, sponsored by Northland Utilities
- Twin Pine Diner – Customer Service Award of Excellence, sponsored by Field Law
- Northwestel – Community Impact Award, sponsored by NTPC
- NWT Brewing Co. – Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, sponsored by Northwestel –
- Canuck Concrete Pumping & Crane – Workplace Health & Safety Award, sponsored by WSCC
- Iceblink – Trailblazers Women in Business Award, sponsored by The City of Yellowknife
- CloudWorks – Yellowknife Chamber’s Member of the Year
“As a champion for business and entrepreneurship, and a long-time business-owner myself, I am proud to congratulate each of these business leaders on their well-deserved recognition. With 143 nominations submitted, there’s clearly no shortage of excellence in this vibrant business community.
“With over 90 percent of the NWT’s business defined as small businesses, this sector is essential to economic health in our communities and a primary driver of economic diversification across our territory. The Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment is committed to fostering an environment where NWT entrepreneurs and small businesses can invest, take risks, and prosper.
“Chambers of Commerce are valuable partners in achieving our shared goals of a diverse economy benefiting all NWT residents. Their support and advocacy – and recognition of excellence – add value to our business community, and economy as-a-whole.
“Congratulations again to each of the winners and nominees, and to the NWT residents striving to make it as an entrepreneur, know that this sector will be at the forefront of our approach to economic growth and diversification well into the future. “
Media and Communications Coordinator
Government of the Northwest Territories
Ph: 867-767-9140 ext. 11092