NU Government: Let’s Be Aware calendar challenge winners
08 January 2020
The Nunavut Liquor and Cannabis Commission is pleased to announce the Let’s Be Aware / Ujjiqsuqta calendar challenge winners for 2020. Nunavut youth were asked to submit drawings depicting responsible approaches to alcohol, namely how:
- responsible use of alcohol or not drinking alcohol can support physical, emotional and spiritual well-being;
- to cope with life stresses and challenges without using alcohol; and
- to reduce alcohol-related harm by drinking safely and responsibly.
The art work was judged according to messaging effectiveness, creativity and aesthetics.
The 12 winning drawings were created by:
- Baker Lake: Esther T. (grade eight), Haley H. (grade nine), Kassidy K. (grade nine).
- Cambridge Bay: Shaye and Ezra (grade seven).
- Clyde River: Kenneth J. (grade three).
- Gjoa Haven: Paige (grade five).
- Hall Beach: Angeleene P. (grade seven).
- Iqaluit: Haley K. (grade seven).
- Kugaaruk: Terrence A. and Troy A.
- Pond Inlet: Yvonne P. (grade eight).
- Sanikiluaq: Mina K. (grade seven).
Haley H., the grand prize winner, will receive $250 gift card and her drawing will be on the cover of the 2020 calendar, in addition to being featured in one of the calendar’s months.
The other 11 winners will receive a $100 gift card and will have their drawings featured in one of the 2020 calendar months. All participating classes will receive a free lunch.
To see a digital copy of the calendar, visit the Let’s Be Aware website here: https://www.responsiblenunavut.ca/sites/default/files/public/lba_calenda….
Department of Finance