NU Government: Department of Health call for community wellness funding proposals
Sep 14, 2018
The Department of Health, Population Health Division, is accepting funding proposals for community-based wellness initiatives for the 2018-2019 fiscal year. Non-profit
organizations and community governments in Nunavut are encouraged to submit proposals.
Priority will be given to programs incorporating one of the following wellness topics:
- Parenting support.
- Substance use awareness and/or mental wellness.
- Capacity building.
Eligible programs and projects for funding include, but are not limited to:
- Peer to peer support groups or mentorship programs.
- On the land programs.
- Community training such as the Inunnguiniq Parenting Program.
- Skill-building activities such as sewing, tool making, music and arts programs.
- Programs that include healthy messaging about substance use (cannabis or alcohol harm reduction), food and beverages (e.g. Drop the Pop) or parenting skills.
- Other innovative and creative projects related to community wellness.
The deadline for submissions is September 28, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to obtain an application.
Manager of Communications
Department of Health