IRC: Youth Activity Kit Registration Form
Please submit all completed forms to Britney Selina by e-mail email@example.com, by fax at 867-777-4023 or to the 1st floor of Inuvialuit Corporate Building for IRC’s Health & Wellness Division.
As part of Inuvialuit Regional Corporation (IRC) COVID-19 relief funding agreements with the Government of Canada, one objectives is to offer youth activity kits from Community Corporations in order to provide fun and engaging activities to beneficiaries that support literacy, cultural, on the land, STEM (science technology engineering mathematics), and creative programming for children and youth.
For IRC staff to be able to support the provision of youth activity kits to each Inuvialuit Settlement Region (ISR) community, IRC Health & Wellness staff are asking that beneficiaries pre-register their youth/children for the activity kits.
All youth activity kits will be sent to communities for distribution once all materials have been received and kits have been assembled:
- Delivery of kits is anticipated for early August pending all materials and supplies have been delivered
- IRC anticipates serving youth activity kits to 1,000 children and youth in the region
- Youth kits are divided into 5 age categories with appropriate programming and supplies in each kit
- Parents and families need to register by filling out the form, so that IRC knows the age levels and number of kits for your community
A community announcement will be made for a time and place to pick-up the youth activity kits. The pick-ups in each community will be organized and led by Community Corporations and designed in order to adhere to the physical distancing and the safety regulations outlined by the Government of the Northwest Territories.
Additionally, youth aged 5-12 will have the opportunity to participate in activities that will be delivered bi-weekly and posted online on IRC Facebook starting in August and in lieu of our regular Summer Literacy Camp (SLC) programming.
- IRC encourages youth to participate in the Summer Literacy Camp SLC bi-weekly programming that will be happening once kits are distributed
- There will be opportunity for youth to submit their findings and their activities for prizes.
Look for further announcements regarding these online activities which will start August and run bi-weekly through IRC Facebook and with support of Student and Family Support Workers in each community.
Please Use this Form to Pre Register for Youth Activity Kits