Company: Black Heart Café Inc.
Business Information: Black Heart Café is a coffee shop offering coffee and tea, espresso based beverages. Black Heart Café also offers breakfast and lunch options, including pastries, sandwiches on house-made bread, soups and salads. A catering service on site and off site is available.
Business Address: 1405 Masak Court, Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
Work location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full Time/Part Time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare and cook special meals for clients as instructed by chef
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Order supplies and equipment
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Organize and manage buffets and banquets
- Manage kitchen operations
- Recruit and hire staff
– Education: Completion of high school is required
– Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience as a cook is required. In the event that the candidate does not have 3 years of experience then a post-secondary certificate is required.
Salary: $ 19.00 to $20.00 hourly, 40 Hours per week
Benefits: Uniforms and meals provided. Discount on establishment’s food. Training.
Work schedule: shifts from 06:00 AM to 06:00 PM, Monday to Sunday on a rotational basis. Flexibility in schedule is required. Overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: P.O. Box 11505, Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0